1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What kind of monthly payments are you guys paying on your trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MJK, Dec 14, 2007.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Don't mean to be to personal, but i was thinking about an F-350-F-550 dump and they were talking like 500-575 per month not including insurance. What are you guys paying? Is the insurance bad, i didn't bother getting a quote yet. Thanks.

2. peckwood

peckwood LawnSite Member

You don't even wanna know, just look at my sig
  3. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds pretty reasonable.
  4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn LawnSite Member

What is your down payment? That would seem about right with ~$10,000 down. I pay about that (alittle less) for my Dodge. Trucks are not cheap.
  5. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

i pay $680 for my f 250 diesel. the insurance however is extremly cheep under my commercial policy. i pay 2400 a year for full coverage of truck and company.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

to run with the big dogs, it takes a lot of bones. My 3500 duramax is $450/mth and that is really cheap. if i went to a 4500 or 5500, i could see that payment easily being $600+.

But if you were affraid of spending money, you wouldn't be in this business. Wait till you start shopping for a compact tract loader. It will make you feel better about your truck payment for sure.
  7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

$2000 per month.
  8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

713 per month. That is completely cheap for a 350-550 dump!! id jump on that. id give anything for payments in the 5's
  9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

For my 2003 F-450 I bought used my loan payments a 760 a month a little high but thats what the bank rate is. My insurance is 129 a month or a yearly 1500 dollars. The insurance covers a 15,000lb gvw truck used for work.

Atleast I'am not like some of the contractors with 2000-3000 a month gravel truck payment.

This is my first large loan from the bank I think total loan was 35,000 dollars which is tough enough getting any money out of the local bank. When I was self-employeed forget it. The only reason why I got approved because I work for the gov't.

My brother has a hard time getting approved and his small company made 80 grand last year.

I financed my truck through the bank I could have done it through the dealer I bought the truck from. The dealer is 200 miles away so if there was any problems with payments etc I didn't want that hassel. Plus I have been dealing with the same bank since my parents started me a savings account when I was 10.

What really chapped my azz was I missed out on the 6% interest rate I couldn't find the truck in time and wouldn't you know it now I got a loan a 8%

I'am happy so far the truck is taking a decent chunk of my paycheck but atleast I have a newer truck that is more reliable. I got tired of dealing with old trucks that constantly need repairs. It is a little overkill using a F-450 as a daily driver but when the work hopefully picks up again in the spring the truck will make some money on my days off.
  10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, w/ a 4.7 V8, it is a regular cab long box.
    $302 per month