What kind of mower is this?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by duback66, Sep 6, 2004.

1. duback66

duback66 LawnSite Member

I was recently given a garden tractor and am trying to find out who made it and what model it may be. It is green and white and says "Power Kraft" on the side along with 18/42 and on the back it says "Limited Edition." The bagger has a tag that says it was mad by MTD, but the mower itself has no ID tag anywhere. Anyone have any Ideas on what this is? I would like to get the make and model # so I can order parts. Thanks a lot.

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Treat it as a 42" MTD. The really crappy thing about MTD (and most consumer manufacturers) now is that everybody is using adhesive lables instead of stamp imprinting, and these things fall off too easy. You are probably SOL on finding the model number and serial number (which is what MTDs site requests to look up parts manuals) anywhere except for on that tag.

3. duback66

duback66 LawnSite Member

Thanks, any Idea what "series" it would be? I have seen 600, 700, and 800 series.

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

That would be in the model number.

5. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

the tractor was made by MTD for the the KMART store chain dont know if you have them where you live but they were everywhere in the northeast now they are almost extinct, most likely a 600 series if its a limited edition you will have to have all numbers for certain parts I know that it uses a different drive delt than what it shows in the parts catolog,