What kind of mowers are people using?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by KadInt508, Aug 6, 2010.

1. KadInt508

KadInt508 LawnSite Member

What mowers are the best to use right now? What are people using? Stand on mowers, ZTRs, or other? I'm trying to figure what's becoming popular out there and why...

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'm running Two Gravely's for the big stuff. A walk behind and a stand on. And for the 21" I've got a Cub Cadet, I like them all.

3. TurboMazda

TurboMazda LawnSite Member

I am sure that the best mower for you is the one that fills the needs of your accounts (lawns) how big, wide and how often you need to mow is the key to select the right mower or mowers for you................................

4. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a mix of everything as far as deck sizes. I prefer to sit on my a** but I will be buying a V-ride, grandstand, or walk behind in the future.

5. J & K Lawn Service

J & K Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Currently, I am running a Scag 48" ZTR and an older 48" Exmark WBH. Both have been meeting my needs.

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got my2006 Dixie and 2010 lazer back from the shop.
    Dixie and lazer Most of the time

I bring out my JD 667 Stander when one ( or both which happened this yr!) of them go down...

7. BCLawns

BCLawns LawnSite Member

I have several different mowers. All for different conditions.

1- 52" Wright stander. This is my main mower. Works excellent on St Aug. and handles the slopes well. Small footprint in the trailer.

1- 36" great dane stander. Works well for back yards. Small footprint in the trailer.

1 - 48" grasshopper. I use this one for bigger properties because I can sit. Also, the adjustable deck works great on all varieties of grass.

1- 21" mow king commercial self propelled mower. When the 36" won't fit through the gate.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

currently i'm using a 52" toro grandstand as my main mower. i have an exmark 36" metro walkbehind as a backup and backyards i can't get the 52" into. i also have a commercial 21 incher from toro.

i plan on sticking with the grandstands. i prefer to stand rather than sit on my @ss all day and it's quick getting off should i need to move something or pick up trash or something i didn't see while trimming. i also like the small foot print on the trailer.

when needed i will be replacing the 36" walkbehind with a toro grandstand thats for sure.

9. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i am running a 48" bobcat/ransomes WB

10. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Got a 32 walk behind husqvarna right now, but am picking up a 36 grand stand this winter.