What kind of oscilating hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Jul 19, 2004.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I am not sure what you call them. The hedge trimmer on the pole that you can rotate about 90 degrees. I have a lot of bushes that are either tall or over a pool and hard to get to.

I was looking at some of the stihl trimmers for about 399 and up I think. Some you can other attachments on.

Do a lot of you use these hedge trimmers? If so what brand and model?

Thanks, Jason

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a shindaiwa articulating hedge trimmer on the m2300
    I have a shindaiwa dh230 hedge trimmer - double sided.

I love em both!

3. SouthernFried

SouthernFried LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the Shindaiwa and the Echo Articulating pole hedge trimmers.

The Echo was Cheaper and lighter...the Shindaiwa was a better unit.

I bought the Echo after the Shindaiwa got stolen. It felt lighter and was less expensive. But, it just hasn't held up as well as the Shindaiwa did.

If your careful with the Echo, don't put it on the weedeater racks like I did...and really kept up on the maintenance, it'll prolly hold up ok.

I'd buy the Shindaiwa if I were making the choice today. I hear Stihl is about the same quality as Shindaiwa. I've never used one tho.'

I'll never go back to a short hedge trimmer.

4. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 LawnSite Senior Member

ive had this one for about a year but i also have the telescopic pole trimmer too for about 3-4 years and they are WELL worth the money, they save me SO much time.cuts down on ladder use

mvc-010s.jpg

5. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

they save me SO much time.cuts down on ladder use

That is what I was hoping to hear. I think I am definatley going to have to get one. Stihl is pretty big around here. Shindaiwa I don't see to much of and echo is pretty much a stay away when it comes to reliabiltiy.

6. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with your choice of Stihl. I have the FS 85 trimmer with the articulating hedge trimmer att. You wont regret it. Get the 110 and the hedge trimmer attachment. That way you have a trimmer as well...