What kind of pants do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Century Landscape, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Century Landscape

Century Landscape LawnSite Member

I know there's a wide range of opinion and preference here, but what kind of pants do you wear?

IMO, pants give a more professional look, but damn! they sure do get hot when it's in the high 90's with 100% humidity!

The most comfortable, fastest drying ones I've found so far are some 100% ripstop pants from Carhartt. They're also very durable. I would like to find a little different color selection due to some new uniform choices though. Where do you guys who buy ripstop pants get them from? Would be nice not to pay an arm and a leg.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Wrangler cowboy cut blue jeans. Best period.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

we use the cintas comfort pant. Lots of color options, very light and durable pant. Sometimes doesnt even feel like you dont even have any pants on. we switched to them middle of last season, and the guys love them. We had a lot of hot days 85*+ and they said they were great.
  4. Century Landscape

Century Landscape LawnSite Member

Whoa! Cowboy cut blue jeans? Done that for many years in landscaping and other kinds of work, probably worst chafing I've ever experienced.

To each his own
  5. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Relaxed fit....won't work if one has a big belly unless you like baggy. I'm fit and trim so it works for me. Rip-stop Cotton and cell phone pockets work great for clippers tools etc. I buy mainly gray and tan. Buy them from Shopko.

Hotter weather I wear cargo shorts unless there is some sort of extensive string trimming campaign planned. Ankle hiking gators to keep crud out of my boots. No way I'm wearing long pants when it is beyond upper 70's.
  6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear MAN pants and they're tough!!
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dickies long legs. Tan in color.
  8. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Fire Hose pants from Duluth Trader. Soft, comfortable, and wear like iron.
  9. ericjd

ericjd LawnSite Member

85+? You got it good...I could wear a sweater out in that. In MO, we get 100+ AND 100% humidity in July and August. Pants? F@$% THAT! I wear khaki shorts...they're professional enough and I think customers understand pants would be ridiculous.
  10. MikePalmer

MikePalmer LawnSite Member

I'm a Dickies man myself. Always worked for me so never bothered to look elsewhere.