What kind of pants do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Century Landscape, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Green Feet Lawn

Green Feet Lawn LawnSite Member

I buy Wrangler khaki shorts. I love em but I go through a ton of socks from trimming. When the weather gets cooler I wear Dickies khaki pants.

2. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

I wear levis boot cut or relaxed fit jeans they wear good and aint that hot on those long hot days with a gray company t-shirt and my orange john deere hat

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Dickies and levis jeans, and usually in the summer its wrangler camo shorts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

We used to wear khaki BDU's but the khaki color got filthy in no time. So we switched to black BDU's. They look really nice and they feel no hotter than the khaki ones.

5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh:
    we wear red kap dickies style uniform pants.

they are cool and comfy after they break in from cardboard status! green in color.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Assless chaps...great for ventilation and prevents "swamp-ass"

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Usually Wrangler jeans when it's roughly 70 or below and blue Dickies when it's roughly above 70.

I'm going to be revamping my business strategy this year and I might be switching to tan Dickies and cotton Polo shirts.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i've always worn kahki pants from kohls. they hold up a couple seasons or more.

i don't worry about keeping cool. this job is for people who can handle all types of weather. on those really hot days i just make sure i take lots of breaks and drink lots of water. but i still always wear pants. never shorts. keeps my legs protected when trimming.

9. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

Ever see someone jog in jeans?

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I do Dickies tan/twill work pants. Not too heavy, and look good with a green shirt - look like a professional.