1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What kind of pants do you wear?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Century Landscape, Feb 19, 2011.

1. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Don't know how anyone can stand to wear denim jeans. Hottest things in the world, to me, but I know lots of people that work outside that do. I don't do shorts. Haven't worn shorts since I was old enough to know I didn't have to, which, I think, was about 5 years old. :)

I buy the lightest/cheapest khaki or O.D. green I can find at Wal-Mart. Bought several pair last year for $9 on clearance.
  2. jgoddard8409

jgoddard8409 LawnSite Member

I usually wore shorts (with trickles of blood running down each shin LOL), last year I wore jeans all year, and it wasnt that bad in the 100+...and my knees and shins are still thanking me!!!
  3. greentech2007

greentech2007 LawnSite Member

I wear levi s cargo pants tan in color. They seem to hold up well also wear white or grey t shirt with company name and services on it.
  4. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

Jeans, but if you want to go for the uniform look with the company logo, get Dickies. That's what their made for.
  5. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

i wear shorts most of the summer and jeans in spring and fall. for shorts i wear anything from cheap cotton shorts to American eagle shorts. the American eagle shorts are way more comfortable but 5x the price :dizzy:
  6. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Random loose fit or cargo blue jeans. I just wear them for "good" till they start looking like crap. Then they get work duty.

oh yeah, Long Pants only. Less cancer when I'm older.
  7. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Contrary to popular belief they're also cooler than shorts. If pants are hotter than shorts.....then getting a sunburn should make you skin feel cooler shouldn't it?:D Long pants keeps the skin shaded from the sun.
  8. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Canvas carpenter pants by Liberty. Wal-Mart $18.50. Last about a year.
  9. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Selvedge denim

Kevlar Sevedge

Elephant selvedge 19 ounce