What Kind of Remote Port is This?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jbell36, Jun 23, 2013.

1. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

trying to figure out what kind of remote port this is...

IMG_3723.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Eicon, I betcha. What does the cover look like?

3. jbell36

from KANSAS

here's the cover

IMG_3722.jpg

4. Wet_Boots

If that's a gasketed thread-on cover, I like it better than the TRC connector.

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Could be an Eicon or a TRC DCI remote port. I'm guessing Eicon though becasue the TRC DCI port doesn't have that many pins.

6. jbell36

from KANSAS

i've seen this type of remote port multiple times in my area...i'm pretty sure i know what company is installing them, and i also remember hearing that they might have a specific remote port/controller made just for them...i guess it's so they are the only ones that can use that port so that the homeowner will call them instead...just figured i would ask on here, i'm sure someone will know the answer...i'm not familiar with anything but the hunter remotes...my first guess was the rain master remote since I've never seen one, given this company has installed hunter and rainbird clocks...it looks like it goes up to 15 zones, each prong has a wire

7. Wet_Boots

Those connectors can be assembled on a custom basis, with as many pins as needed.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Where is Fimco when someone needs him? :dizzy: Eicon made quality stuff until Toro bought them out. :hammerhead:

9. jbell36

from KANSAS

the other thing i wanted to add is i am not sure if this company still installs these remote ports...i haven't seen any new ones...70% of the clocks around here are hunter so i think i'll just stick to my hunter remotes and try to change the other ones over as needed...just really wanted to find out what this company was doing, i figured it was a "one remote for all clocks" type of remote and figured they knew something i didn't...

10. Wet_Boots

It might still be quality stuff. I don't think there are cheapo versions of that connector setup. Different quality pins, no doubt, for Mil-Spec needs.

Given our wonderfully clean air (* cough cough *) it probably makes sense to have pins with some amount of gold plating.