What kind of results with door hangers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Twotoros, Apr 6, 2002.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

This is my first try with hangers. I had some printed that are very nice and also pricey. 1000 for 225.00 but they match my business card. I was wondering what results they might generate in bids? These are only going out on nice properties or near existing accounts. I left a spot on the card where I can write in addresses of other jobs we do near by.
  2. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

That must be a really nice flyer.. I just got a 2 color flyer:1000 for $124.50. Might want to look for Minuteman Press close by. They do free color everyday..

I am hoping for 1-1.5% so 10-15 calls and 7-8 accounts.

Good Luck.
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

finding what your response will be is very hard to predict, all depends on if the people like doing there yard work, if they already have someone, also make sure that the lawns u mention are perfect. that does seem pricey
  4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I second that motion, seems really pricey. I'd expect a 1% signup.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I got a deal with NEBS....2000 for $93.18

From other posts that I have read, people usually get a 1%-3% response rate.

6. Twotoros

Right . It is high. But nebs are plain janes and I wanted an eye catcher. Wow 1%. That's like what 10 new jobs. Yikes.
  7. site

site LawnSite Member

I spent 300+ on 2000 with my logo and a list of services. I also left a space for an approximate lawn care price. We passed out about 1000 and so far have gottten about 15 callbacks and 7 or 8 new mow jobs. What is amazing to me is the number of installation jobs we have gotten out of it. So far about $10,000 worth. Definately worth it.
  8. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

@ $220 for the pieces that is $22 per sale. Not too shabby from what I am hearing..

Any chance you can scan the piece and post or email. I would love to see

Good Luck
  9. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We handed out around 1000 already and another 2000 left, we got 3,000 from NEBS. Out of 1000 we already contracted 5 new customers in 2 days!
  10. Twotoros

No matter what dpi I scan at the image is bad when I post my hanger.?