What kind of services.... TX?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jordan Lawn Care, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Jordan Lawn Care

Jordan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was wondering if any of yall from Tx could give me an idea of what services you are offering during this strange part of the winter season. I am about to create door hangers to start off the year and I am not sure what services I should offer at this time of year. I know raking and removing leaves for sure... but is it time for us here in Tx to start thinking about dethatching? I also have a stump grinder and the equipment for tree removal, so I will be including that on the door hanger. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Welcome to the site. This time of the year there is very little to do,unless you feel like hustling. If I feel like making a few bucks I get out my customer list and visualize the properties and make some calls and do stuff I dont have time for during the season. With the equipment you have Im sure it wouldnt be hard for you to find some work, also keep an ad in your paper,get the jump on some flyers you never know.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would recommend getting your applicators license. This time of year is perfect to apply pre m and fire ant control. It's a bit early for de thatch and aeration.