1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what kind of shoes do you usually wear?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I would imagine any shoe but just in case I'll ask if steel toes are a necessity.
  2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Necessary, no - but if you wear 'em, it's one less thing to worry about. It's not a carte blanche to put your feet anywhere stupid, but if you do wear 'em, you're less likely to become an amputee.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Steel toes for me. I like not having to worry about my toes. That edger may get away from ya and chop your friggin foot clean off.
  4. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I don't wear a steel toe, but it is a heavy duty work boot.
  5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Steel toe...Ever walk in your bedroom and stub your toes against the bed frame/rail? Hurts like a beyatch doesn't it? Now imagine how bad it would hurt if those little piggies were REALLY hurt...Steel toe, no reason not to. Wally World, $25.00
  6. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I wear steel toe light hikers. Make the help wear steel toe also.
  7. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

Agree light hikers, look at all the boxes in the store they have the weights on them.
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Law enforcement boots----lightest most comfortable boots I ever owned. They have a full lengh zipper so no lacing & tying, made by Wolverine
  9. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Yeah. Steel toed boots, no doubt. I got mine at KMart for 30 dollars I believe. Had them for 6 months and they are still in good shape.
  10. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Smith steel toes workboots for me!