1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of software should I use?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gander54, Mar 12, 2008.

1. gander54

gander54 LawnSite Member

Hello I'm starting from the ground up like most of you have probably done and I'm wondering which software do you recommend and why? Gopher, LawnPro, or Quickbooks.

Kristopher Gander
    Grass Choppers Lawn Care Services

2. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

I got Quickbooks from one of my friends. He put it on a cd from me. It is very simple to use and you can generate invoices and all that good stuff.

3. EcoStar

EcoStar LawnSite Member

I am very curious about this subject as well. I am using quick-books as my main accounts payable/receivable platform but am interested in finding a "industry specific" software to supplement my invoicing and estimating.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

LawnPro is good for $70 bucks, I have yet to learn all about it, but it was one of the first things I purchased.

5. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

I have quick books and have used them from the start. I wouldnt worry so much about routing software right now, unless you have so many customers that you cant keep up. If this is the case I would recommend CLIP software, it is great and links directly to QB for billing/invoicing, customer lists, etc.

6. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

There are many different ones it depends on what you are looking for it to do & how much you want to spend. You can use gopher, clip, accountrix, quickbooks, groundskeeper, the list goes on & on it depends on you.

When i first started I used accountrix & i had it for a long time & it was easy to use but as the company grew I made the switch to clip in 2004. It's more expensive but easy to use & does more for me. I tried Quickbooks in 1994 ^& didn't't like but i'm sure it's much different today.

Anyway good luck to you in your search by the way most of these company's have demo versions try them & see witch one works for you.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Landscape Management System.
    It holds your customers info
    It creates route sheets
    It has a schedular
    It has online customer payments
    It's going to have payroll section soon
    You can access it from anywhere
    You can create invoices in seconds
    And its only $3 a month​

I use it, and I love it. Check it out. www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

8. gander54

gander54 LawnSite Member

Thank you for all your info.

9. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

We use clipXP and quickbooks also. Makes life easy. Could not imagine running a lawn company without clip. We do billing for a few hundred clients in 20 min's. (that includes stuffing envalopes.)

www.clip.com

10. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If your just starting out then quick books is fine, if your a bigger company then lanscape pro or something along that line.