what kind of sunglasses do you wear?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by recycledsole, Aug 17, 2014.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I need some eye protection. What style/ brand do you all use?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Depends, do you work in the field as labor or do you only drive and inspect crew work?

For labor, just a basic polycarbonate lens with cheap frame. For driving and site inspectors who aren't roughing stuff up, Ray-Ban, Persol or Costa. Persol is my favorite, I feel they have the highest quality sapphire lenses
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I have a pair of camo spy's that I wear out and about. When working I have some cheap off brand ones I bought at the gas station.

4. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I found some 3M safety glasses at Northern Tool for about $10, I think. They are really lightweight and flimsy, but also flexible; I don't think they will break easily. They are also sunglasses, so I use them for driving as well. One thing I hate (and this probably happens with all glasses) about the heat and humidity here is that is seems like my glasses get sweat on them in a few minutes sometimes, and then I can't see. And I can't wipe them off on my shirt because it's soaking wet! lol

5. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

Oakley polarized

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Jackson Nemesis. Most comfortable, cheap and durable pair of glasses I've used.

7. TopNotchLandscape

TopNotchLandscape LawnSite Member

I use the Oakley Radar - a model of the safety glasses they produce here in the USA. They are rated with the ANSI requirements for impact and etc. I dont trust the cheap ones with my vision. The Oakley Radar lens is interchangeable and the nose piece that holds them in place is interchangeable also.

8. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Costa Zane, grey 580p lenses.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. AMC32

AMC32 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Lincolnton, NC

Oakley flak jackets and radars
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Forgot to add: ANSI Z87.1-2010 certified.