1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Kind of Tires you have on your Truck??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ATL Lawn, Sep 17, 2006.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A/ Dodge Ram 1500 - 2005, 245/70/R17 run about $130-$140 each sometimes..

anyone here ever used used tires before?
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we have just switched to vesta's they are michelin's work truck tire. 16X245 10 ply, $675 for 4 installed, all taxes,etc, and an alignment
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kelly Tires....made in my town. 285's on the rig
  4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dayton Timberline A/T

5. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

Bridgestone Dualer Revos To me they are great tires , this Jan I will have 3 years of service on them
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Toyos on both trucks. Funny that the Dodge I bought used came with them! Can't afford michelens but I feel that the Toyos are the next best thing.

twj721, I just noticed that we both share the same join month/year! You just need to step up the posting a bit... lol
  7. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

BFGoodrich A/T KO's, LOVE THEM. Great wear, excellent on and offroad traction, awesome in snow. Not that great in rain, and the tread pattern is a little old, but obviously still superior to most patterns. Steer clear of GoodYear light truck tires, JUNK.
  8. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

right now between cutting grass and trying to keep up with the paperwork:dizzy: and trying to keep my 82 year young dad out of trouble :confused: sometimes I think I am ther adult and he is the child he is always trying to sneak out with the tractor which is a nono:nono: and let us not forget my full time bus route 5 days a week for 36 weeks or 180 days or 360 trips Am sure looking forward to the winter time and then I will be posting more but right now it seems like it is can to can't and just when it looked like it might slow down it has started raining here yes we need the rain bad so guess I'll just cut a little more grass .The school just gave us the go ahead to disc up about 20 acres and then drag it so they can plant rye grass so looks like I'll be busy another 2 months any how Thank Goodness :clapping:
  9. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

how you like them?...personally i hated them on my truck. I just put on a pair of BFGoodrich all terrain TA's and i hardly use 4 wheel drive anymore...i've climbed muddy hills in 4 HI that my old timberlines wouldnt even allow me to approach.
  10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member