1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of trousers are best?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grasswhacker, May 9, 2005.

?

Which type of pants do you wear?

1. Jeans

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Khakis

21 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. shorts (because I like to get bruises on my legs)

21 vote(s)
    34.4%
  1. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

For the last 12 years I have worn Wrangler jeans, however this year i am wearing Wrangler khakis to see if they are cooler and more comfortable. What do you all favor?

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Used Dickies work pants. Much cooler, less chaffing. Lasted longer too. Jeans just wore out really fast and didn't breathe well. Used their long sleeve shirts as well.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear the Roebuck brand work pants from Sears in the khaki color. They are very similar to the Dickies, but I think they are much more comfortable. You can pick them up for around $17 a pair.

4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

One thing that I have noticed is that the grass does not stick to them as much. Could this be a result of the teflon on the pant material?

5. out4now

from AZ

I think so. I noticed that as well.

6. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

;) I just bought my first pair of dickies,they seem very stiff.do they soften up after a couple of washes?I'm sure this will look better than the shorts i normally wear.

7. out4now

from AZ

Yes they loosen up a bit, but it takes time.

8. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I LOVE BACKPACKING wicking pants a la ex officio, or mountain hardwear, but they are so dang expensive, and look so cool, it is years before I can dedicate them to landscaping/lawn maintenance. On the up side, they last for years and years and years and years!!!, so when I do have a couple of pairs for the job (as I do now), they just keep on going.

9. out4now

from AZ

That sounds like expensive stuff. How much out of curiosity?

10. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

:) The Girlfriends wadded up on the floor!!!!!!! :waving:

Wait, I don't have a GF right now ;)

I like some type of cargo short!