Lawn Care Forum banner

Which type of pants do you wear?

• Jeans

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Khakis

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • shorts (because I like to get bruises on my legs)

Votes: 21 34.4%

What kind of trousers are best?

7K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  mister_snowplow 
#1 ·
For the last 12 years I have worn Wrangler jeans, however this year i am wearing Wrangler khakis to see if they are cooler and more comfortable. What do you all favor?

#4 ·
One thing that I have noticed is that the grass does not stick to them as much. Could this be a result of the teflon on the pant material?

#8 ·
I LOVE BACKPACKING wicking pants a la ex officio, or mountain hardwear, but they are so dang expensive, and look so cool, it is years before I can dedicate them to landscaping/lawn maintenance. On the up side, they last for years and years and years and years!!!, so when I do have a couple of pairs for the job (as I do now), they just keep on going.

#15 ·
Pants are for sissy's, who are worried about rocks and other projectiles being flung at them.... :D Seriously, I'd rather deal with the beating than the sweating...Although those black "lava" rocks hurt like the devil...

#16 ·
Dark green work pants. Used to but from WearGuard but found the exact same stuff way cheaper at Triple Crown Products.
The dark green does not show the grass stains much.

#23 ·
I used to wear shorts tell one time while doing hand work in a flowerbed I felt a bite on my leg,my leg swole up so fast I could hardly make it to my truck in time to be able to drive it home.Stayed swollen almost twice it's size for 3 days before I could go back to work on it.Now I wear lightweight chinos or Dickies.Carheart are great well worth what you pay for them,but I found them alittle hot.

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.