1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What kind of truck should I get?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by pattytastik, May 20, 2011.

1. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

some really stupid answers here-buy american!-is buying a used japanese truck going to make any diff to the american ecomony?..............not! buy a suv indtead to save gas. really a suv sucks just as much gas as a pickup and dosnt provide the utility.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I just traded two american pos trucks in for a tundra and couldn't be happier. The tundra pulls my trailers just as good as my F-250 did. If you are just pulling a small trailer look into a tacoma. They can pull some serious weight and last forever. No american truck will last like a toyota will.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i could not agree more! my tundra v6 out tows my old chevy 305 v8!
  4. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Buying American creates a demand for American products. If you people keep burying your heads in the sand you will end up with nothing but a 3rd world country. Support you fellows and demand American products.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Haha my tundra is more American than fords, dodge, and Chevys. My truck was built in San Antonio and has more American components than the big threes trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

reguardless of hte make and model or size for that matter remember when you test drive it tell them your going to load it up like you are going to use it and drive it all day . this will give you fuel usage and prove to be semi reliable ,there is nothing worse then buying something to find out it blowed a front seal when you pulled with it all day ANY small truck is acceptable for your load wer run ford rangers with 12' to 14' trailers and still get 17mpg at the end of the day . on the ones we place the equipment in the bed they average 19 mpg I can imagine with YOUR load it would be almost like driving empty .
    toyotas are a good choice as well they are bullet proof GL
  7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

let me guess, you hire illegals as well? Toyota is owned by the Japanese. Toyota is given HUGE tax breaks to build here. It costs taxpayers in the range of 140k a year per employee for toyota to be here. American car companies employ 2.5 times the employees then any import. Bury head in sand and keep making excuses.
  8. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

now this might be a little off topic, but could you still plow with a tundra? or tacoma?