What kind of work are you doing now?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what kind of work you guys do doing the off season. I have been taking it easy and pushing a little snow, hopefully take a vacation later this month. Is anyone doing any lawn care or landscaping?
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We are still doing "some" mowing here in Texas. Also we are doing some landscaping as well. The biggest thing we are doing right now is getting ready for the season, advertising, equipment..etc.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-06-2001 at 01:45 PM]
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Pop has a contract with Time Warner so I sub for him as a Pole Gaffer hanging from 30-40 foot off the spanner lines to keep his arse dry and cozy on these bitter days.

Could probably see some of yer houses ... LMAO

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Still gettin them leaves up, should get all of them this month.
  5. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

I'm still doing leaves in between the snows and also cleaning out a lot of gutters...Last week I also put down 14 yards of mulch...Just working 2-3 days a week but still bringing in pretty good money...Last Friday I cleaned out 14 apt. complex bldg. gutters @ $50.00 a pop...It took me and another guy about 5 hrs..Not too bad for this time of year..This is the latest in the year that I have ever worked since starting 5 yrs. ago..Clean-Cut
  6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I'm only working a couple days a week right now. It's going to go to 3 in Feb. and up from there.
  7. Steve9

Steve9 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

A lot of "Call of Duty" and "Halo2"
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Only doing snow removal here.
  9. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

No plowing this off season but I have a laundromat that can also keep my busy.
  10. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Snow plowing / tree trimming :cool2:

Book keeping / Taxes ;)

Planning for 2005 season :dizzy: