What kind or Footwear to use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Feb 9, 2003.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

This may sound like a wierd question:
    What type of footwear do you guys wear while your working?
    I use basketball sneakers when cutting and doing leaf clean ups.
    Why because if I step in a hole or something atleast my ankle has some protection. workboots arn't comfortable enough for so much walking!
    I wear work boots when doing installs.
    :alien:

2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Boots Boots Boots. I have used tenny runners and too much grass in side and the get green quick and stink.

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Romeo's or Georgia's.

5. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

6" steel toe CAT work boots had em for three years work great/

6. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Timberland Hiking Boots...not a work boot
    Most of the guys around here have been changing over to them it seems...very comfortable & appropriate looking.

:blob4:

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are drivin a $10,000 mower, simple $200 boots Red Wing $200 junk, tennis shoes.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

$20 pair of steel toed tennis shoes. Less than a year old and they are falling apart and ready for the trash. I am considering a pair of Doc Martins for $89. Last year was mounting my 52" deck on my Walker (about 350 lbs.) and came down near toes. It caught the edge of my tennis shoes, but did not get the toes. After that incident I swear I always wear steel toes. A friend of mine at work was trashing his steel toes. Before we trashed he drove a 4,000 forklift on top of the toe end of the shoe. He then cut the steel out of the shoe......no damage to the steel plate what so ever.

MATT

9. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Fin and Feather work boots by Mason shoes. Light as a feather, flat cushion sole. Got two pair and I alternate. $100.00 pair.

10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I just buy a pair of those cheapo hunting boots you see at walmart, they seem too give a full season of service and then die! Ive never had much luck with really expensive boots, they have always made my feet hurt or fall apart in under a season.