1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What Lawn & Landscape Guys Do With 6" Of Snow On The Ground?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dyerlawnservice, Jan 31, 2010.

1. dyerlawnservice

dyerlawnservice LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Thanks, I appreciate it. Glad you could make some side cash as well....with the way things are in the winter months for myself anyway I have to go out on a limb every once in awhile to get a little funding....the way I like to look at things like this is if it would have happened to fall through I would have only been out 250 rental and in my eyes it was worth the risk for the experience I gained in something new and getting my name out there as I handed out cards to anyone I spoke with that day, that showed them my work ethic as I was out doing something I didn't HAVE to in 25 degree weather.
  2. scagtiger

scagtiger LawnSite Member
    from TN

we been busy plowin and saltin lots but also gettin alot clean work.... they are sayin we could have some more snow this weekend next tuesday and wednesday and then again next weekend
  3. just remember where as you don't ever get much snow people and businesses are in a panic mode with snow, therefore you need to be charging a premium price for this service. Just don't be afraid to price accordingly as they need to get it off.
  4. lawnsunlimited6

lawnsunlimited6 LawnSite Member

they will excpect this rate next x ?
  5. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i sat at the top of an icy hill for two days and pulled out people who tried to make it up. i pulled out 30 people and ended up with a couple hundred dollars in tips and a bunch of leads. it doesnt sound fun at all but it sure as hell beat sitting at home and watching wheel of fortune and jerry springer
  6. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Good job, but you need to be at least 90-100 bucks an hour with that machine, not 20.
  7. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice pics,looks good.like the bobcat.
  9. scagfreek

scagfreek LawnSite Member

yall out of the contry dont no us because we r hard working men and dont care what we r paid
  10. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Cool, so would you come up here and work hard for me?

I'll pay you $2.00 per hour.