What Lawn & Landscape Guys Do With 6" Of Snow On The Ground?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dyerlawnservice, Jan 31, 2010.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on making a profit the first time you did this. Glad to hear it worked out for ya. I know what its like to go out on a limb with snow removal. Its always hit or miss for us in Richmond. Keep up the work and rock on!

Also I know how you feel when you hit those man hole covers. Trust me they are the worst things to hit when your in an open parking lot. Wakes your rear end up pretty quick.

3. juststartin

juststartin LawnSite Senior Member

How did you pay for your viper then?

4. Ducke

Ducke LawnSite Senior Member

I tend to work indoors in the winter

medusty.jpg

sanding.jpg

5. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey the guy went out, rented a machine, enjoyed his time by himself in the cab - hopefully enclosed with heat and he made an extra $200. Made more than sitting at home. I realize insurance, liablity, someone hit ya or you hit them but either way he had fun running that skid!

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics!

7. Paragon Ridge

Paragon Ridge LawnSite Member

Yeah our rates for a bobcat + operator is $150 an hour per machine. When it snows a lot, we will have 3-4 bobcats running on one site.

$150 is a reasonable price to pay considering that a new bobcat is around 50k plus pay for your employees. Then you have to think about overtime which is 1 and 1/2 times normal pay, then fuel and maintenance. All of that overhead adds up so you need to charge at least $100 an hour.