What license?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ba143, Jun 30, 2008.

1. ba143

ba143 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Hey,

So I need to license my lawn service, what license do I need in Tampa, Fl? What insurance do you recommend to be insured and bonded? Just need a little advice in these fields,

Thank-you!:)

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

You need to get your business tax receipt, this is the new occupation license! for the area(s) you plan to service. I incorporated my business and had to show articles of incorp + My fictitious name paper work + FEIN # but you can also use your SS#. After you show the tax collector all your rat-a-mataz & $30 then they'll give you a business tax receipt. The fun don't stop their then you need to go to code enforcement and take them your snazzy new business tax receipt and the vin # of the truck(s) that you will be using and they will issue you Hang tags for your truck(s) that must be visible at all times while working. As far as insurance i have general liability insurance and i have $1 million coverage (its cheap it less then $50 a month) and you can get this ins through most of your local ins reps. Bonding? I don't know anyone who does lawn service that is bonded???? so i wouldn't worry about it.Hope this helps, if i left out any steps sorry!

3. ba143

ba143 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Thanks a million, you answered concisely!!