What line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toy2, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay folks, here it goes: Was given a few accounts from a LCO that got out. What line do you use to let them know you are taking over? I called one that he told me he talked too, she was a *****. She was mad he got out, i finally calmed her down and hope to cut it tomorrow....have a few more to call...help!! :waving:

2. Yamaharacer989

Yamaharacer989 LawnSite Member

Be polite, and just gurantee a good job. What else can you do?

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Hi my Name is xyz from abc lawn care. Your name was given to me by def lawn care that is going out of business. I would like the opportunity to take care of your property for you. Then go into your history of how long you have been in business what you can offer them and let them know you are ready to put them on your route list. Hope this helps.

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

jpp thanks, that is what I said and she still blew a fuse, she was mad he didn't tell her he was getting out....at least I got a great open trailer out of the whole deal.....now someone please send us some rain....burning restrictions are in place, as well as no fireworks!!!! :D

5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

What he should have done was type a letter/call letting the customer know that he was getting out and that you would be taking over the accounts. Instead having you make the first call. He doesn't sound like a good business man. Just my .02 cause I don't know him.