what looks the best?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, Apr 28, 2004.

1. cutnitclose

cutnitclose LawnSite Member

At what angle does everyone make stripes, which one looks the best, and why....... I see diffrent yards with diffrent angles. some look almost stright, but had a smll angle I see others that have an angle that go all the way across the yard, and I see some that go stright back and forth..... I also see some that criss cross...... I figure this will be one that everyone will have input on.........

2. cutnitclose

This is meant to be an opinion poll...... forgot to list it that way sorry

3. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Depends where the sun will be and from what direction you want the stripes to be most visible from. Or if theres a contour of a bed or something you want to follow. Depends on the individual property Id say... maybe you were thinking of something else.

4. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I alternate mowing direction weekly,so the stripes will differ from week to week.But, I do try to run them in a direction towards a home I want as an account as much as possible.That way,when they get up in the morning,the first thing they see is a nicely striped lawn staring at them.Got one account doing this,so far.

5. cutnitclose

Canadian, that is what I'm talking about...... I know differnt people do diffrent things, I personally try to make small angles towards the house "almost like NickN said", but a lot of people do it diffrent, I thought ti would ba a good topic to talk about.......

6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

you yankees are really into stripes arent you? no wonder the old people come to florida and are so picky!

7. cutnitclose

LOL......... Norm, I'm not quite a yankee..... I'm just above you in Tennessee........ {{{{{{ still lauging }}}}}}}...... I didn't start the trend, just following in someone else's foot steps......

8. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I guess we're all yankees compared to him,seeing as he's in Floriduh :D

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

LOLOLOLOL
    John

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

well...in ct we dont have much 'cept our stipes;)