what makes a good mailbox flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by npilcher, Mar 16, 2005.

1. npilcher

npilcher LawnSite Member

just starting out. I have a couple of yards I take care of and a church. I have had these yards for awhile but looking to expand. Just need some guidance on what would make a good flyer.

2 bobcat zt200
    stihl br400
    stihl hs45
    echo pb300e
    echo srm-210
    aerators+spreaders

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

your first step towards a successful flyering is to probably drop the word "mailbox" from your strategy. attaching, or inserting, a flyer to a mailbox or it's post opens you up to a per box fine and postage due for each flyer.

as for guidance, just search "flyer" under the "elements of business" forum and you should find many to look at. choose the links that have paper clips on them and you'll likely get threads that have sample files. another place to check is gopher's link in the above sponsor's area. they have many different templates to choose from.

3. DaveRave07

DaveRave07 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Yeah again no mailbox, but the paper box will serve the same purpose, just sometimes tougher to reach. Everyone who has seen my flyer has been very impressed and I just tweaked a template from www.gophergraphics.com

Good Luck

4. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

A good flyer is one that generates lots of phone calls

5. andersonmowing23

andersonmowing23 LawnSite Member

A couple of ideas that you could possible use. First offer somthing free maybe like get your 5th mow free or, offer them 10% off their first month of service just somthing like that is a good idea. You could possible try putting the flyers and a bright sheet of paper somthing to make it stand out, and just somthing well designed. I don't think you have to spend a ton to have it well designed. I think if you are just starting out you could even make somthing up that is fairly nice and proffesional and yet still cost efficient, as you grow you can get a better flyer. Get some buisness cards and just put them everywhere you can think of you never know who might pick it up.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi DaveRave07,

Could we see your flyer? I am glad they worked out for you!