What makes you mad?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by j05h22, Apr 13, 2008.

1. j05h22

j05h22 LawnSite Member

I hate it when i get a message on my phone and it starts out "Hello my names is so and so and I've got this tiny front yard..." I also hate it when people agree to my price but say "well I dont know when it needs to be mowed next i'll just call you when it needs to be mowed...":dizzy:Very frusterating
  2. j05h22

j05h22 LawnSite Member

What irritates you guys?
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I see it irritates you when you don't get a response for a minute.....:laugh:

If those things irritate you then you have to use a contract and spell it out in writing that you mow every week or you mow when you think its needed. You only have to be irritated at yourself because its your business. You can tactfully tell a customer at the start that they hired you because you are the expert in lawn care and you will responsibly take care of their lawn.

It irritates me that you are irritated by that type of customer.:waving:
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i love it when they say i have a small front yard, i think how quickly can i make my $35 min for mowing, i also think small yards are typically more meticulous here and can lead to other work. nothing like being optimistic.
  5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I hate it when my in laws stop by unannounced and decide to stay the weekend. Although I "seem" to find myself very busy working when this happens.
  6. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

I hate it when you have to lower prices to keep an account.

What do you do ? Lower your price and keep the account or walk away .

Some times my pride gets me in to a lot of trouble :walking:
  7. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I am not Wal-Mart. I don't lower my prices for anything.
  8. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Wow, this happened to me this weekend. Just got married at the end of Dec, and they havent come here much. We had two days of rain this week and pushed my schedule off into the weekend, well they called us at 8 am in the morning on Saturday to let us know they are on their way here. Was able to mow a few before they got here, but now I am mowing on Sunday.

I hate it when a customer calls and wonders why you didnt mow on his day, even though he just got 2 inches of rain the day before and one inch in the morning.
  9. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

What irritates me is venting threads and bitching about things that are all part of the business...such as lowballers. Can't believe the bitching sometimes, if I searched "lowballer" on this site it would probably have 10,000 hits. My thoughts are it doesn't take a lot of skill to mow/trim/edge so you will naturally have a lot of cut throat competition. People need to learn to shrug **** off and move on to the next.
  10. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Haha, I got a few calls like that this week too. I think they were pissed when I answered and I was at the Rangers game in the middle of the afternoon and not out trying to mow their soggy lawn.