What makes you the most $$$?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by emil35, Jun 13, 2006.

1. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Just thought I'd throw out this question to try and find out what services/combination of services have the best ruturn in profit for everyone.

I don't care what service it is, but what service makes you the most money when you do it for the time spent? It can be anything related to our line of work and/or indirectly but closely related (add on service like rubbish removal, window washing, skid steer work, pool cleaning, etc.) Is it stump grinding, leaf pickup, bush hogging, commercial maintenance, residential maintenance, cleanups, mulch, landscaping...just to name a few. Be interesting to see what everyone says. Thanks for looking and replying :)

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

This hot Re-Max realtor!!!

I'm not pulling a funny...She is hot, single and knows EVERYONE!!!

Networking is your best friend!!!

kc

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

without a doubt, snow plowing

4. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Turf and ornamental applications including ticks. Liquid apps. are the only way to go.payup

5. emil35

emil35 LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the input so far! Anyone else? I'm sure everyone has a special niche that pays well...

6. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

hydroseeding, erosion control, straw mulching

7. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Gutter Cleaning.... If i could do a few each day... i wouldn't do anything else.

All Clear

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

If i told you I'd have to kill you.

in no particular order.
    aerating,
    fertilzing
    turf renovation

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

A little different take to this answer.. I just sold all the equipment to put more time into Real Estate. I make more money doing that than running the LCO business. So I agree with K. that networking is good and getting the right people in the loop can work wonders. The kid that bought my stuff will make out great just because he will get the chance to work at my properties and for my customers.
    As far as just within the business-- Aerating and fall renovation.

10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Selling multi services to the same customer. Pull up to a property, mow, fert, clean the gutters, trim hedges, spray a little Glyposate. All at same time one trip. Bill for each. :clapping: PR