What measures do u take to keep people off your job site?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Feb 19, 2005.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Husband travels all the time, wife doesnt watch the kids very well and were putting exposed aggregate step out front. Cement truck leaves, troweling gets done, retuarder gets sprayed and we cover with plastic. Before we go we put two cones with tape strung between at top and two at bottom. Next morning pull the plastic, small foot prints all over about 1/4" deep.
    Didnt I mark it well enough or what? what would u do?

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Doesn't really sound like your problem. Sounds like the homeowner has two options:
    1) See their child's footprints on the stairs every day as long as they live in the house.
    2) Pay you to redo the job. Hopefully your contract has some language addressing damage to the curing concrete caused by things beyond your control- like your customer's brats screwing it up. Good luck.

3. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Contract states "not responsable for acts of god or situations beyond my control". No one was home (or answered the door) so we washed concrete and tried to "rub" prints out. They started to disappear some. I e-mailed husband. His reply was "I doubt it was MY kids, must of been some neighborhood kids". He looked at it when he came home and seemed happy with it reguardless. I thing I will ammend my contracts now refering to this type of situation.
    Do you have this addressed in your contracts? If so, how?

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I put something similar in my contracts. It sounds like your language has it well covered. Kids walking on the concrete is definitely beyond your control, especially if you taped it off.