What mower did you start with?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brandman25, Feb 7, 2010.

1. brandman25

brandman25 LawnSite Member

Hey guys my name is Brandon from nc im not new to the site but new to posting but i search for a topic like this and could not find anything.

So i thought it would be pretty cool to see what mowers everybody started out with.

Me i have a 2005 Husqvarna 18.5 hp

2. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

A old rusted up push mower

A weed eater brand trimmer

A broom

3. mobileboy

mobileboy LawnSite Member

1985 John Deere rx75. A true BEAST! That 9hp Briggs would cut at AT LEAST 2.5mph! Only took me about 2 hours to cut 1/2 acre! lol.

4. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

I started with a brand new 18" MTD 3 hp. Of course this was back in 1982.

5. John Deere Mann

John Deere Mann LawnSite Member

Old pushmower very old stuff that nobody would use!

6. ProcsLC

ProcsLC LawnSite Member

I started with an ancient beast of a cub cadet rider with a 10 hp (i think) kohler motor and a mtd push mower in the back of a 1985 chevy 1/2 ton with a weed eater brand weed wacker... Upgraded after 3 weeks to a nice used snapper push mower! Those were the days....

7. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

3hp 19" wizzard from Montgomery Wards and pulled it around with my bike. Cut grass for people on my paper route for $1 or $1.50 depended on size.

8. KensLawnCare

KensLawnCare LawnSite Member

3014 dixon mower 42 deck 14.5 hp

9. LawnboyTim

LawnboyTim LawnSite Member

I started out with a old lawnboy push mower.

10. climber338

climber338 LawnSite Member

Borrowing my parents 21 inch push mower, got trimmer for xmas, dads old chainsaw. Got all my climbing gear after doing two bigger jobs for a client. Im still using everything because i just started last summer but i plan on getting a 36 inch if i get more than 10 lawns this year. The push mower sips gas and i can run that thing for almost 2 hours. Sometimes i dont even bring a gas can if im only doing one lawn. If your starting out use a 21 inch junker and run with it. See where it take you and when your ready to go bigger then go bigger.