What mower did you start with?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by brandman25, Feb 7, 2010.

1. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

Mtd 36" Walk behind belt drive. Best investment I ever made over the 21"

2. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Murray high wheel 22 inch push mower. Used that til I graduated high school. Morning after graduation I bought a 2135 cub cadet lawn tractor. Tried a crapsman mower. It didn't last long. Traded for a 2185 cub cadet tractor. After a couple of years I stepped up to a woods m2560 mow n machine. Ran that for 6 seasons and bought my first of two everride warriors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

first mower was a ransomes bobcat 48" belt drive think the model was 88 or 89 vintage, I had it, still in limited operation until 2005.

4. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I saved up $1500 bucks went to the local dealer (who I still work with today, 15 years now)
    I paid$800 bucks for a brand new toro 21" self propelled BBC bad azz mower!!Man I was stoked, I also bought a stihl trimmer for $200 and a br 340 blower for $240 along with the hedger attachemnet. Printed out a 1000 flyerrs and landed 3 accounts out of the gate!! Within a couple of months i had 15 accounts and was off to the races! i paid $200 for my first walker zero turn mower, spent $150 getting the thing to start and about another 3k the next couple of months keeping it running.......sold it for 4k and bought a new one a year later.

5. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

Started with a mid 70's model kubota lawn tractor with a 4 ft finish mower craftsman push mower and a home lite weed eater had a 1983 Chevy half ton with a homemade tri axle trailer with some 2x12 ramps that would kick out as soon as you would get on trailer. Was always scared they would kick out early and end up under the tractor

6. nashlawn01

nashlawn01 LawnSite Senior Member

I would also like to add that those were not the good ol days. Those days sucked

7. stihlrunnin

stihlrunnin LawnSite Member

I found an AWESOME deal on Craigslist a couple years ago!! I came across a 2007 bobcat 32" belt drive for $400 in like new condition. I only had one small account at the time but I figured, hell for that price, why not. Now, I can't believe what a steal It was I wish I could come across a few more like that

IMG_0336.jpg

8. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

I started out with a 21 crapsman mower that i bought used from a older guy who was selling his house, also a push broom:drinkup:

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I started out with a MTD 21" back in 08, then thought I would move uptown and bought a Troybuilt 42" rider it all fit in the back of my 98 ranger, That got me through two seasons believe it or not.

10. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Craftsman lt 2000, crappiest mower. Still made nice money with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device