What mower gives the best quality of cut?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Aug 21, 2004.

?

What mower gives the best quality of cut?

1. Bob-Cat

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Toro/exmark

36 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Scag

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Ferris

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Other

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

My Bob-Cat, 48", belt drive, W/ 15 HP Kawi engine definitely gives the best quality of cut and striping of all the mowers! My Bob-Cat is far superior to all other brands! I love my Bob-Cat!!!

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't answer this because some of the machines i've nevered used. i operate Toro now but have used Exmark,Bobcats and Scags,have also used Buntons and Heckendorn but never used a Ferris and a few others out in the industry...

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

So I take it you have demoed extensively every other type of manufacturer there is in the U.S. of A to include Ferris, Scag, Toro, eXmark, Wright, Hustler, Grasshopper, Bunton, Lesco, Deere, etc., etc., to come up with this earth-shattering conclusion???

Helllooo...

4. CapnDean

CapnDean LawnSite Member

yeah... WAAAY too many variables here. I suppose you could compare by category here, such as walkbehinds VS ZTR's VS lawn tractors. By the time you got the categories outlined a fellow would have to have cut lawns with over 100 units to give an intelligent response.

Also...what about the diff between a 48" Scag and a 72" ? (for example).

I have always thought that a small Snapper rear-engine rider with a sharp mulching blade left a fine cut.... but how could you compare that with an Exmark Lazer Z ?

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

didn't you post this exact same thread a couple weeks ago?

6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

mkwl is just going through exclamation point withdrawal. If he doesn't use at least 10 a day he gets the shakes so he had to start a new thread and make some pointless absolute statements.

7. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Ofcourse everyone is going the put the mower they are currently using, so this is pointless.

BTW, I have only used Exmark and Walker. 2 totally different mowers, but IMO the Walker left the finest cut. Ofcourse that's on the grass in my area - which is probably different than your's.

Why am I even typing this???

8. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Not the outdated Bobcat deck. Exmark TTHP gets my vote. I do own both.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

under the conditions I mow, I'd put my LESCO 48 up against against any comparable unit and do very well.

GEO :)

10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH