1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What mower should I buy next summer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cdsang, Dec 19, 2005.

1. cdsang

cdsang LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, new here. I have many hobbies and keep picking up new ones. During the summer I work at a golf course and after I starting getting on driving mowers, I have been really been wanting one of my own. So far I have been on about 3 John Deeres,2 Toros, 1 Kubota, and 1 Husqvarna. My favorite so far has been John Deere and Kubota. Doing reseach and driving around my area, I have dealers for Bush Hog, eXmark,Hustler,Husqvarna Kubota, John Deere, Toro, Walker and Wright for mowers and STIHL for hand type equipment. I have tested out some John Deere garden tractors on dealer driveway only and seem to like them. But after I contined my reserch finding out it may not do what I am looking for as well as I would like. I am looking at spending $10,000 US for just the mower and get a collector later. My main purpose for buying a mower is to pick up leaves, lots and lots of leaves. I have like 15 trees and only about 1 or 2 are evergreen. Not exactly the most important part, but I would like the machine to be able to push leaves and snow. We useally don't get more then 6 inches here. If it doesn't do that, its no big deal. Tractor and Zero turn styles are fine but it seems front mowers are out of my price range. I also plan on buying this mid summer. I am trying to see how much I need and see how much to start saving now to buy the mower later. I am not sure if I plan on makeing a business out of this. I just simply want a mower that pickes up leaves well, cuts them small, and will last a long time. Without testing, it seem right now I am eyeing the Kubota ZD21F. O and don't laught, but its a .6 ache aera, but I could easly get 2 feet of leaves if left alone. My 2.5 bushel bag mower(John Deere JX 75) when used once a week has to be dumped 10 times or more each time I use it. I have a night time job so it makes it hard to do it during the day. I have been thinking about what to do and its just getting to me. Sorry for the long post. thank you in advance.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

all you need is a snapper hi vac rider. there is nothing better for leaf cleanup. bag or mulch -these do it best for leaves. as for snow -forget it. disk drive
  3. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

walker collect leaves and has a plow and snowblower attachement.
    Quality mower with tons of oppertunity