What Mower Should I Look At(New Guy)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by RamosMidTn, Dec 5, 2013.

1. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

I'll stick with the pumps and wheel motors, cheaper to replace

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Im not here to start a pissing match but this is not true. Seperate pumps and motors cost more than trans axle units to replace. Plus with seperate pumps and motors you get cross contamination during a failure which causes both to fail. There is a reason most major companies are going to trans axle units. Each side has its own fan and reservoir. The failure rates for trans axle hydro systems is much lower than seperate pumps and motors.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DXN1EL

from TEXAS

Each of it own. I can get pumps for less than $100 and wheel motor for about the same, a few hoses, oil coolers and fans can solve the problem of cross contamination.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Who makes these pumps? Just a rebuild kit alone costs much more than $100 for a White commercial pump.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DXN1EL

from TEXAS

Surplus center sometimes has good deals, searching online. or directly from suppliers
    as far as brands, which ever you want. BRAND NEW!

6. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Look around, i got a used Toro pro line 36" this past year for $850 with a sulky. He was a friend of mine but take your time, do the research on the mowers you are looking for and make sure it will work for you.