1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What mower should I use?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mad_wrestler, Mar 28, 2005.

1. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

Hey there. Here is what I looked at today.
    Gravely 148M 48" cut 21 Hp Man lift ztr mower.
    --The dealer said that they are asking 5999.
    Gravely 34Z with a 15 Hp Kawasaki in the same store.
    --They are asking 4500 for it
    Exmark Metro 15 Hp W/B
    --asking 3500
    Hustler Fast Trak 36"
    --asking 3500 with 7 hours on it.

Here is where I'm at. I am doing this for my brothers to help pay for their college expenses. I plan on targeting yards of 1 acre and less. Should I get a walk behind or a rider. The W/B with a sulkie looks to be sufficient but thats why I am asking ya'll...the experts. Also, should I look at getting nothing bigger than that 34" Gravely or 36". Or have you all found that you should go bigger for your primary mower and get a smaller one to access backyards? I have the capital to not be hindered by price. However, that takes away from my ROI. So I want to get the most for my buck, you could say. Thank you in advance for your help.
  2. luke1

luke1 LawnSite Member
    from al

go fro the gravely 148z offer him $5500.00 plus tax. See if he bites. If he needs the sale I bet he will go for it. Gravely is a really good mower. I run the 152z and I am looking at the 148z or the 144z.I like the 144z with the 19 HP.engine.I have some smaller yards that I think it will work fine on.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark IMO.