What Mower Would You Use?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by MowinginEureka, Feb 14, 2010.

?

Which mower for wet grass and small yards?

1. Walker ZTR

13.9%
  2. Toro ZTR

33.3%
  3. Husvarna ZTR

4.2%
  4. Other ZTR

48.6%
  1. MowinginEureka

MowinginEureka LawnSite Member

So, here locally we have very, very, very wet seasons. So I am looking for solutions to mowing grass that is so wet, it falls over and ground that is so wet, if you run too heavy of a mower, mud squishes out and you leave tracks. What would you use? I have available to me Husqvarna, Toro, Walker....Cub Cadet(Lol)....Craftsman...(LOL!). There might be a few other brands...but I think that's it here. No Scags...sorry. I was wondering, Anyone know who makes the smallest walk behind that will take a sulkie? I run 21 inch mowers and that is usually the largest I can run because the gates are at some places 24 inches wide. (little picket fences) Go figure the ones with the small fences have the largest yards. I have been thinking of selling the walker and getting something lighter and smaller. That sucker is well over 1000 lbs. I have to trn so slow to avoid making marks with it, that it is usually as fast to push mow the yard. My average yard takes 10-15 minutes to just mow. about 10 are 1000 sqft and 30 are in the 2000-3000 sq ft range, and 5 are 5000 sq ft, lastly 2 are are about 10-15k sq ft.

2. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How about a Quick 32" Dually mower? Much lighter, though not as good in wet grass as others.

3. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

i voted toro as thats the only one on your list i have run. if you had scag i would say go with that.

4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I coted for husqvarna mine have treated me well in conditions like that and have been great machines
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. vanncann

vanncann LawnSite Senior Member

Most ZTR mower's you have listed will rut up a yard like you are describing. A walk behind is you best bet for rutting, plus you can put a sulky on most and ride.

6. MowinginEureka

So I have seen sulkies, but not up close. Aren't those more for the larger walk behinds like a 36 inch? Ive never heard of one on like a 21 inch. Whats the smallest mower you can get a sulky with? I keep seeing 32-36 inchers.

7. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

My vote would be Wright Standers!:weightlifter:

8. 4b landscape

4b landscape LawnSite Member

Walker, walker, and walker!

9. Pat'sPerfectLawnService

Pat'sPerfectLawnService LawnSite Senior Member

in the poll you are asking use to vote on a ztr mower. Your best bet is to go with a walk behind mower. I know people say belt driven wb are crap but mine does just fine in wet conditions. A hydro wb would be best though. out of those brands for a walk behind i would go with a toro. im not really sure what ztr brand is best of those

10. MowinginEureka

I should have left an option for another type of mower.