1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What mowers came with the Milsco Cr-100 seat?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

It's the earlier suspension seat. The one the early EPS Lazers had.

My Lazer and my Super Z both have that seat. Or should I say "had." The weather got to both of them and they started cracking an coming apart. The cushions seperated from the shell and over time, I have managed to lose one cushion off of each seat. Basically, I have something to sit on, and that's it.

Hustler sells the seat shells with the cushions. Much cheaper than having to buy a whole new seat, but they are black like the original. I don't really want any more black seats. The Exmark was gray, but Exmark does not sell the replacement shell and cushions. I contacted Milsco and they said they do not sell to the public. And that I should get in touch with the mower manufacturer. Already tried that as I mentioned before.

Another option was to go with the newer Michigan V-5300 seat that most use now. Northern has them for a fair price, but they look to be either charcoal or black. For obvious reasons I would prefer grey. Buying a whole seat through one of the mower manufacturers is out of the question. I'm not dumping over 1000 bucks for two new seats when all I really need is the shells and cushions for my old suspension set ups.

So what I need to know is what other mower manufacturers used this seat in the past. Maybe there is a slight chance one of them sell the replacement shell and cushions in gray. I seriously can't believe that you can spend this kind of money on something and only some choose to sell service parts. Here is a picture of the seat in question, in better days.

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

In light grey.... I can only think of eXmark.
    Most of them were black like on the hustler.

Try a Toro dealer... It's possible their's were grey for a while.
  3. Sho~Bud

Sho~Bud LawnSite Member

Did you ever find one of these seats? I've got the same problem. I realize this is an old post.
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I went with the Michigan V-5300 seats. I lucked out and found two new ones, not to long after I posted this. One was from a Toro dealer that was selling it on ebay, back when they were offering a free suspension seat upgrade to certain mowers. The other was a from another dealer online, and that one had a Steiner logo on it.

Both were new and I don't think I paid more than $400 shipped for the pair. I like the V-5300 better than the Milsco.
  5. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

That looks similar to the one on my deere 1445
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Sho~Bud

Sho~Bud LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info...