What mowers to get ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by creeech's lawns, Feb 17, 2007.

1. creeech's lawns

creeech's lawns LawnSite Member

I work for a company that owns banks, nursing homes, radio stations etc. they contracted all the mowing out up until this year they decided to get some equipment and do it themselves I am the person who will be over this operation. I was wanting some opinions on what brand to buy. I will be getting 1 or 2 60" ztr's and a walkbehind to start with. Some of the properties have steep hills so I was wanting a wb that holds hills well, money is not an object so I'm looking to get the best to make my job easier. I'm looking at Exmark and Hustler right now.

2. sunmowingman

sunmowingman LawnSite Member
    from Va

The Ex-marks are always great to use. For the hills depend on how big they are and budget you have a Steiner may be a good idea with all of the attachments it is very good at alot of things such as snow and other landscape projects you will find yourself into. Why are you going to do this work in house if you are looking to save money you are going to make alot of headaches for yourself.:confused:

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go to the local dealers in your area and see what brands are available. We use Scag mower because we have a great dealer and they are well made.

4. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

One word, Scag. They are built like brick **** houses and they have excellent service if you need it.