What my mower is worth

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Q-Team Inc, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

Im selling my mower and my dealer(purchased from)has been giving me the run around on what it is worth. Anyone out there help me?

2003 Lazer HP 23Hp Kawi 52" Deck with ultravac system has about 550+/- hours on it. Overall in good shape other than scratches in paint.

thanks in advance.

2. thebland

thebland LawnSite Member

I paid $5.5K for my 2005 23 HP Kohler 52" Lazer HP. It was a demo with 100 hrs and full 2 year warranty purchased from an authorized dealer.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Take your purchase price (less tax) of both the Lazer and the UV bagger, add them together and then take half of that number and start there.

Personally, I've had much better luck selling privately. My used mowers that I sell are gone over better than most dealers do. You have to keep your buyer AWAY from new shiney mowers (which they see at a dealer). Larger acerage homeowners LOVE good used commercial equipment.

4. thebland

thebland LawnSite Member

OOPs...I have a 2004 Laser HP, nota 200%...

And by the way, I am ahomeowner with some acreage.....and I loved buying this piece used (or a demo as it was). :)

5. Q-Team Inc

Thanks for your help. TLS, this will be a private sale. I was trying to get their "Blue Book" value. I finally pinned my dealer in a corner and got this figures from him. Mower $3850.00 to $4390.00 depending on condition etc. Bagger $570.00 to $880.00. So I figured I would start with $5,000.00 and see what happens.

6. thebland

thebland LawnSite Member

Is your Ultra-Vac a QDS (quick dump) type?? If so, I might be interested in it..

7. Q-Team Inc

No its not. Old style bags....