1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What no BobCat GURUS??

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by GMUGNIER, Jan 3, 2006.

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Calling the power of the lawnsite forum!! Hey guys I thought ya'll were supposed to be BoBcat techies!!! Any and all help would be appreciated related to my previous posting as listed below:

I own a Cat 287B MTL and have bought a Bobcat boxblade attachment with the laser option, and the electric cord that comes with the attachment is obviously for the bobcat brand of machine with the 7 pins - well the CAT has 8 pins and I was wondering If anyone knew who made a converter for this problem? I know I can put a different electric harness on, but I am in need of the Cat harness as I own several CAT attachments as well - what I really need Is a adapter - All feedback will be appreciated.

2. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

We actually do have a Bobcat guru or two... I'm not either of them, but I'm sure one of them will find this thread sooner or later... good luck. :)
  3. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure somebody has posted on this before...have you tried a search?. Other than that its not so hard. All you need is a new plug to put on the harness and match the cat one. Then you need a wiring diagram to see how the Cat is wired (mine is shown in the operator manual) and the diagram for the blade and fit the new plug.

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

No it is a little more complex than that - the Bobcat connector has data ported, and combined with the voltage.
  5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

I acknowledge that I am posting a "competitive" web site here, but it is not a Green Industry site. Therefore, I am not knowingly breaking any rules.

GMugnier, you may want to try www.skidsteerforum.com ; there is a very significant Bobcat following on that board that may be able to help you as well.
  6. dccarling

dccarling LawnSite Member

The 8 pin plug that fits your machine can be purchased very reasonably from Ladd Industries in OH. Part number KI HD46-18-8SN is a kit containing 2 plugs all the pins and a removal tool for around 50 bucks. Just do a web search that's how I found them, their phone no. (800) 223-1236.

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

Boy it sure took long enough to figure this crap out - But I did - I have the wiring schematic and a working prototype if anyone is interested in a dongle for the CAT that will allow use of the bobcat attachments.
  8. janb

janb LawnSite Senior Member

I could use that information, in the distant future (when I upgrade from BC > CAT and retain my attachments

9. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

The Bobcat 7 pin connector is very complicated basically from what I have been told is that the new computer on Bobcat talks to the computer on the attachment. I know cause I had to get a 14 pin added.