1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What octane gas do you guys use for blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by christoff, Jan 20, 2005.

what kind of gas for blowers

1. regular 87

48 vote(s)
  2. midgrade 89

16 vote(s)
  3. premium 91

15 vote(s)
  1. christoff

christoff LawnSite Member

regular 87, midgrade 89 or premium 91?
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use regular 87 for all my equipment. As long as things are running right I think that this is the gas to use unless your manual recommends a higher grade gas.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use 87 also and things seem to work fine
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't use more than 87 unless your owners manual calls for it. I know in newer vehicles, running higher than 87 can have adverse effects. Not sure if it's the same for power tools.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My Shind. dealer told me to use 91. Because of the high compression engines. So that's what I always run in everything Truck/2-Stroke. Not much of a choice on diesel!
  6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I have always used 87. Dealer has always said to use at least 89 in all my equipment. I've never had any problems related to the fuel.
  7. Lawrence Lawns

Lawrence Lawns LawnSite Member
    from zone 7

We use premium in everything. Costs a little more but is better in the long run. Less gumming in the carbs. Better performance. Less maintenance. Same goes for the trucks. You can always tell if the cheap stuff was put in. Power loss noisy valves and poor fuel economy tells it all.
  8. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i also use super unleaded in my 2 cycle equip. with smokeless 2 stroke, havent had any engine failures in years.
  9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I use 91 in all the equipment. Things just run better on the higher octane gas.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

87 here, man who can afford the good