What oil are you using in your BR600?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrC, Aug 20, 2007.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I'm having a hard time finding Stihl ultra synthetic at my local dealers. One has it but they want to sell it as a case, but I only need a small six pack. He said Amsoil Saber was good. What are you using?

2. TSG

TSG LawnSite Senior Member

Amsoil synthetic

3. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl full synthetic

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

sthil ultra . but will try mobil 2t in it as the price for sthil ultra is absurdly high. no wonder its not selling well or at all . its 2x the cost it should be. my br600 loves it though

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In this case you better bite the bullet and stick with what stihl recommends they are still working out their problems on this unit.

6. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend has three 600's run's Walmart 2cycle. He says no problems at all. He's very mechanically inclined. Owned them for close to two years. So much for only Stihl Ultra:hammerhead:

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

well i am very mechanicly inclined too and can shure tell the diff when i ran non syth oil in my br600-i think i will just take eds advice and stick with what works in my br600 and thats sthil ultra. i fi only burn the ultra in my br600 and 4 mix stick edger -it wont cost too much. i only use the br600 during leaf season anyway.

8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax oil

9. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

Does anyone sell the Stihl Ultra online?

10. Jay74

Jay74 LawnSite Member

I work as a technician at a Stihl dealer. Just today I had to de-carbonize and adjust the valves on three fs-100rx's and on Friday two BR600's... two were ran on Amsoil saber and the others on Stihl high performance oil. If you want your 4-mix to last use the Ultra. It's not a gimmick... it's a solution to a serious problem.

Jason