1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What oil do you guys run?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by OhioMowerGuy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys im about to do a oil change on my bobcat E35 mini ex. What brand oil do you guys run? Im thinking about using rotella 5-40 full synthetic.. any opinions on that?
  2. ma71t

ma71t LawnSite Member

Yup rotella
  3. OhioMowerGuy

OhioMowerGuy LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys use full synthetic in your equipment?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I run BG full synthetic. O-30 in handhelds and 15-40 in the diesels.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

X2 rotella
  6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Synthetic really works well in Gas engines for one because they hold such a small amount of oil and the stability and additive package allows it too last longer. In a diesel the engines hold so much more that it takes longer for them to breakdown and loss there ability too lubricate and protect. Regardless of what you read the real advantage of using synthetic oil is being able too extend your oil change intervals. If you are going too abide by your manufacturers service intervals you are just wasting money in my opinion. I use it exclusivley on me gas engine vehicles with oil change intervals of approximatley 15k miles and have had good success with one vehicle at 400k and another with 300k. On diesels I stick with a quality non synthetic oil.
  7. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Rotella 15-40
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have been running Amsoil Synthetic in pickups for everything. I use Amsoil in everything but engines in trucks. I use Dino in equipment.
  9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Rotella 15 40 non synthetic in all my tucks and equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. SP Landscaping

SP Landscaping LawnSite Member

Mobil 1 delavac 5 w40 synthetic