What ONE thing are you going to push for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Nov 16, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

What is the one thing that you guys are going to push for in the 2005 season? Higher prices, more services, dfiferent methods, etc. Just ONE thing though.

The one thing that I am going to push for is getting customers to sign up for 12 monthly flat rates. Since I will be getting out of the snow removal, I figure I really need to do this.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mine?

Payment terms are Net 15. That means being paid by the 15 of the FOLLOWING month sir/ma'am...not any month you just happen to feel like choosing.

Another good thread bud.

3. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

going to push aerating more this coming year. working out the per hour profits of my first season, this was by far the best target. I am going to market heavily toward this one time service, as the weekly work is pretty much close to my capacity.

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i am going to really push advertising and getting ALOT more accounts.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Working harder to pick up more customers on the same streets that we currently are working in. The more houses that we can group together and service at one time without moving the truck, the more profit it will mean to us.

6. rodfather

Obviously a smart idea...but how are you going to try and accomplish this?

7. 1MajorTom

I am just going to hand select certain homes with desireable yards on the same streets we currently work on. Get their addresses, and mail out a postcard to them in early March. This will not be a big mailing.. only maybe 300 to 400 will go out. We have plenty of time in the winter to takes rides and get addresses into the neighborhoods that we want to increase service in.
    Having accounts scattered all over the place is not the way to make money when being a small operation like ourselves.
    And this year I noticed we lost some of our bunches due to death and moving, so I see the need to step it up and get busy getting more grouped accounts.

8. rodfather

So, my next question Jodi is, are these props that you are targeting being maintained by the owner or by another LCO?

9. 1MajorTom

Well I would hope they are being maintained by the homeowner, it's not my gig to intentionally target someone elses accounts. See we live in an area which is comprised of MANY elderly folks. And every year, one of the elderlies will look over at his wife and say, "hun, it's time. I've done my duty, I'm no longer capable of maintaining our lawn." And at that time, I hope he has our postcard in his hand.

10. rodfather

Good strategy...and they are the best payers too IMO. Good Luck.