What one thing would you change on your mower????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jun 6, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

If you could, what one thing would you change or improve on your mower if you were the one designing the mower??? For me, it would be the cover on top of the deck on my Toro WB. Seems like grass is constantly getting underneath the cover. There has to be a better way.

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 Exmarks- I would change nothing.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

While I dont have 3 of them, the one that I do have is about as perfect as they come!

On edit.....

Move the PTO engagement switch on the Lazer so that my "manly" calves don't accidentally switch the blades off at FULL rpm's!!!

4. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Something to "cover" the throttle control on my Viper ZTR. Everytime I go around a shrub,citrus tree,any branches that are low will kick the throttle back down to idle speed.
    Too many safety switches! (I know,OSHA says we have to have em'.)

5. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

The placement of the height adjustment bolts on my exmark. Other than that, I love my metro.

6. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If I win the lottery I'll hire people to do my lawn.

7. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I would make it a Z so that I would be sitting instead of standing.

8. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I know exactly what you mean, my 52" Pro Line was the same way......Had to clean it everyday.

I got an Exmark now....so for the record,

I can't think of anything I would change.

9. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

refer to OLD SNAPPER thread then it will be evident.

10. Patrick Harvey

Patrick Harvey LawnSite Member

I would change the foot platform on my Toro z-master. It lifts up to gain access to the belts/center spindle grease zerk, but it lifts the wrong way! It wont even go all the way back because the hieght adjust foot pedal is in the way. Expecialy when the mower is on the z-stand (this is the jack on the front of this mower). The dang thing keeps crackin me on the head. At the least I would install one of those gas shocks to hold it up. Other than that its a pretty great mower.
    pat