What open trailer to get?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Howey09, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

on normal van trailers ive never seen a bend in them but i have seen others with some bends

my trailer is a little 12' single axle and it weighs 1100 pounds empty its solid and rides nice when empty but you are easily overloaded

2. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Flat deck trailers are seldom flat lenghtwise. Those were what he was talking about. Van trailers are built more like covered bridges.

3. dwhitt

dwhitt LawnSite Member

Where did you get your prices from? I'm in the same situation, looking for a 7x16. I was quoted $2750 for an identical Sure-Trac. Thanks

4. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a new PJ with rear spring assist ramp, 50" spring assist side ramp. Its 18ft with and has a 2ft dove tail. It has 4"channel frame and good lights and brakes on both axels, new tires and treated floor 2750 with tax. Only thing I dont like is the removable angle side frame. I will change that to a square tube fixed in the future.

5. Wallace Tractor

Wallace Tractor LawnSite Member

$1,000 for a new trailer???
    Does it have brakes on both axles?
    Did it come with a break away?
    Did it come with new trailer tires or used car tires?
    Since I have been in business I could buy a tandem axle trailer for any where close to that let alone sell one for that?
    Maybe down south you could buy one for that but up here we must have brakes and break aways for inspection.

6. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

7. taterlawn

taterlawn LawnSite Member

take the second, i have had both and the dove tail is a life saver, plus angle iron is easier to strap to

8. Howey09

Howey09 LawnSite Member

Bump any other oppinions?