What options to get?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mike lane lawn care, Feb 28, 2008.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, so now that GMC is offering $6,000 cash back on leftover 2007 2500HD trucks, i was thinking about trading in the 1500 for a new better one. also, my part time job offers a decent discount on new trucks as well.

I was looking at a truck as follows:
    New 2007 2500HD regular cab
    6.0L V8
    Automatic transmission, 4x4
    A/C, power locks, Onstar, Cruise Control
    Towing Mirrors
    Cloth Seats, Vinyl floor

the truck's MSRP is $28,000
    the total price with the $6k cash back and my discount through work is about $19,500.

This truck is pretty basic, power locks, but not windows, no CD player(i'll add it myself) it has onstar and wheel mounted audio controls. any suggestions on what other options i might like down the road? or any comments on the vehicle i'm about to get?
  2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Get the Duramax
  3. mike lane lawn care

would love it, but i can just justify the cost as is. the D-max adds $7k to the bottom line.
  4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Dont drive a dmaz youll want one. I made the mistake of looking, now I own one.
  5. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Don't forget the tow package, maybe a bedliner?
  6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

if your getting the 6K cash back, its like getting a dmax for almost free!
  7. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

You can have the D Max in the winter...Got to let it warm up for twenty minutes before I can think about going anywhere..Now fuel is almost 4 bucks a gallon, and the mileage on winter blend is only 10 mpg....But with the Banks on level 6 in the summer i can beat my dads mustang....soo, get the dmax if you can...
  8. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like if you use your truck for work and want to save money, get the 6.0. To drag race, get the Duramax. I drove a Duramax and really liked it, but just could not pencil it out. It was nearly 10,000 more and would have taken forever to pay for itself.
  9. mike lane lawn care

i of course added in the HD trailer package with integrated brake controller. i was thinking of upgrading to the 8.1l V8 for an extra $900, it would be worth it towing power wise, but would it be worth it fuel wise?
  10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Plow package is always good even if you dont think youll use it. You get a bigger alternator.