What or how are you guys expecting payment from customers???

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Gemini sealcoat, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Gemini sealcoat

Gemini sealcoat LawnSite Member

What is the best way you have Decided works best to except form of payment after each job? Cash, check, square, what? Just trying to make life easier for me.

I'm going to be telling customers payment is due upon completion. My last employer I worked for-for awhile sealcoating would let customers wait almost a month, some a little longer before he had them pay. Then after them waiting that long some wouldn't even bother to pay or didn't want to. I thought this was the dumbest idea ever, and this was coming from a well known franchise owner. He always ran into problems and sometimes going to court to get his payment.

So after seeing what he's been through, job won't be performed until I know for sure they will pay at the end of the job, anybody else do the same?

2. platinumservice

platinumservice LawnSite Member

For my lawns i send out a monthly invoice. Trying to collect from people can be time consuming in itself.
    If im doing any side work all give him a invoice and expect to be paid on the spot with a check or cash or i give him a couple weeks to mail it. Any really big jobs i have i like to get paid in portions that way i dont feel like i might get screwed. If your gonna have help and start pocketing cash your gonna start wonder where all your moneys going.

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I just received my PayPal reader for my smart phone and plan to use it primarily for one-time jobs like apps for other than regular customers. It has a 2.7% fee per transaction, so pretty reasonable. For my regulars, I just invoice monthly and they send me a check.

4. ddlandscaping

ddlandscaping LawnSite Member
    Male, from poconos of pa

I sent a bill at the end of the month for lawn service, but for seal coating after the job is completed, usually payment is by check.

5. MiscCleanUpCrew

MiscCleanUpCrew LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

Customers here pay after job completion without even asking just southern thing I guess lol

7. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually mow 4 times and invoice. Big jobs are invoice during and completion. New customers big jobs have a down payment to start.

8. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Seasonal work or one off work due upon completion. Year round accounts all due 1st of the month in advance.
    easy-lift guy