What order did you purchase your equipment in?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Drafto, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Drafto

Drafto LawnSite Senior Member

I was talking with the local MQ dealer and he bummed me out a little on the capabilities of the concrete buggys. He didn't seem to think that loaded they would drive up onto a trailer, or even a pretty good grade for that matter. He even went as far as to say he didn't think they would dump dirt that well. Needless to say, he wasn't a very good saleman. Please feel free to blow everyhting he said out of the water to get me excited again about using one.

Dan

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Does anybody have a mini skid steer and what are their thoughts on their daily use?

3. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

They will run a fairly steep grade, but they won't do any 2-1's. They dump OK too. The down side is the tires. They need a fairly hard surface to carry over. We have no real issues with that because it never rains here but if you have a soft loam soil, I could see where they might give you trouble.

See if you can find a rental store somewhere that has them and give them a test run.

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I owned a Thomas T95 mini skid steer for 4 yrs. 42" bucket, it would lift 900lbs. Nice machine, but takes a long time to run material back and forth. Used to dig all my back patios with it til I had a good look at the mini-ex's. I traded it 2 yrs ago (one of the smartest moves I've made.) Instead now I use the mini-ex with my tracked carrier. Perfect combo. Now I'm thinking about purchasing another carrier just to keep up with the mini.

5. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

First, I purchased my Lincoln Navigator because I thought that would be an impressive vehicle to drive to all of my estimates. I figured the potential customers would think, "He drives a Navigator, he must know what he's doing." I thought I could fool them. Just kidding.

Ok. Seriously, I purchased my L-35 first (since sold) tamper second, cutoff saw third, table saw fourth, skid steer for second crew fifth, enclosed trailer sixth, second skid steer seventh and finally a lawn chair, for me, eighth.

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of those eight I think the lawn chair takes the most abuse.:dancing:

Chris

7. mbella

Yeah, we're looking at replacing the lawn chair this year. I'm thinking about upgrading, but I didn't see anything at MAHTS that got me excited.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Definately get something with cupholders and a sun shade.

Chris

9. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the newest piece of equipment tonight. A new Corona. The work that thing saves us you could not imagine. Open the lid, squeeze a lime, tip it to your lips. After 6 of them, the work really does not matter anymore.....

10. mbella

Bill, those little guys are very reliable. They work every time.