what other service

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by edgeman2003, Apr 29, 2008.

1. edgeman2003

edgeman2003 LawnSite Member
    from md

what other services could I offer other then mowing and mulching which does not require license in maryland? does anyone know what kind of license is need to do in ground sprinkler system? thanks
  2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I want to see the responces on this one.
  3. edgeman2003

from md

anyone have any feedback?
  4. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

I've been at this for 12 years now. I popped into the section in this forum about irrigation the other day and had no idea what they were talking about. I advise you do the same and maybe think of other services you could provide. Good luck.
  5. TLClandscaping

TLClandscaping LawnSite Member

Pressure washing
  6. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

My guess is you'll need at least the MHIC license for sprinklers since you'll be digging and tapping some water source. Looks like you're limited to lawn services. I think this is intentional by the state although they don't enforce it by any means, so what's the point. My $365 seems more like a donation than a special license.
  7. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Basic service for my customers is cut, trim, edge and blow. I get paid extra for hedge trimming, aerating, gutter cleaning, pressure washing driveways, etc..
  8. edgeman2003

from md

Is there a certain type or brand pressure washer thats good to start with? what are the prices for a good one?