What other services do you offer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Jun 29, 2005.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Besides mowing lawns, what other services do you offer? I'm looking at expanding my business next year. I'm wanting to expand so I'll have something to do on the days I'm not mowing. Any suggestions? I'm considering Power Washing, Leaf Cleanup in the Fall, more Landscaping. How many out there run their business with more services than just mowing? What are the benefits? Thanks!

2. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

Do everything you can. Mow, fert, landscape, trim trees, spring and fall clean ups, its all a revenue stream for you. Hell I just landed a job yesterday to tear a guy's shed down. Its not my cup of tea, but its money.

3. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I think in the near future, for my attractive female clients, I will be adding back rubs, full body massages, foot rubs, and bikini waxing.....LOL :p

4. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

.....and free breast exams.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Tarrot and palm card reading, accidents (birth, auto, ect.), plastic surgery, and hypnosis for now...

6. DownSouth

DownSouth LawnSite Member

i offer powerwashing whenever they need it for extra money..ive been happy with the extra money ive made so far

7. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

gutter cleaning is easy money, just make sure your insurance will cover you if you do something besides mowing/landscaping.

8. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

9. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, if you find yourself overwhelmed with this sort of work, I'm available if you want to sub any out :D

Seriously, of course, start off by seeing what your mowing customers might need, maybe the hedges are overgrown, maybe hasn't been mulched in 10 years, etc. Then make the suggestion to them. It can keep you busy during a drought.

10. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga